I love to read! Let’s get serious, the only way I have time to do that is by listening to audio books. I listen to them while doing laundry, sweeping and mopping my house, gardening, putting on my makeup and doing my skincare routine, driving in the car and sometimes taking a shower! When my husband questions the numerous iTunes charges, I playfully answer him, “Do you like having clean clothes and a clean house? You can thank all those amazing authors for that!”.
Two of my favorite book clubs are Reece Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine and Jenna Bush Hager’s Read with Jenna. I would love to know other clubs to follow!
There are several books coming out this fall and here are a few that are on my top list!
Also check out Time Magazine’s Most Anticipated Books This Fall https://time.com/5661400/best-books-fall-2019/
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood (September 10) – I’m obsessed with Handmaid’s Tale!! How did I just find out there is a follow up to this story being released on September 10th!?! This book picks up 15 years later from where her last book left off.
- Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow (October 15) – Pulitzer Prize winner Ronan Farrow writes about the corruption and sexual misconduct scandals infesting Hollywood.
- Me by Elton John (October 15) – Sir Elton John’s first autobiography will definitely be a juicy story! He reflects on his success as well as his personal battles.
- The Only Plane In the Sky by Garrett Graff (September 10) – I absolutely love a memoir, especially one that helps me to remember 9/11 (that gives me another idea, compile a list of my favorite 9/11 memoirs).
- Blowout by Rachel Maddow (October 1) – I love a book that keeps me informed about government (foreign and domestic), climate change, and industry and this book seems to cover it all.
- Do You Mind If I Cancel by Gary Janetti (October 22) – Written by one of Hollywood’s funniest writers and producers and creator of one of my favorite Instagram accounts, (you have to check it out, it’s a mockery of Prince George!), Gary writes about this pains and complaints of everyday life.
- The Dearly Beloved by Cara Wall (out now!) – This book follows two couples as they navigate love, faith, pain and joy in the 1960’s.